Sunday 20 July 2008

Who's a pretty girl then?

This pretty girl was caught in November last year from the River Dee. I was having a seriously bad time... "Blank" was my middle name! I was fishing a good few miles down stream from where I snagged this one and another angler fishing for roach & chub suggested that I try up river the next weekend.

Advice taken I arrived at the mark to find the same chap fishing a peg up from me. He was feeding the silver fish heavily and I could see a lot of fish movement evidently being pursued by a pike. On the third cast with a pink and white spinnerbait finished off with a white jelly worm on the stinger this pretty pike obliged. I got her in quickly and put her back quickly as well. Off she went in a flash... the next week I bought an unhooking mat at the suggestion of a few folk!

This weekend saw me have a couple of hours in less than ideal conditions trying to cast flies in the teeth of a gale... I retired as the pike hadn't come out to play either!

No comments: