Sunday 20 October 2013

Thomas Magnusson joins the BUG-BOND Team


As I have mentioned before I get a great many emails from BUG-BOND customers that include images of flies they have tied and fish they have caught… one such customer is Thomas Magnusson from Sweden… Thomas ties flies to catch fish but also as a method of relaxation… a self-confessed perfectionist.

Having looked through Thomas's portfolio of flies for some time now I am pleased to welcome Thomas to the BUG-BOND Pro-Tying Team… here is what Thomas has to say about himself…  


“My name is Thomas Magnusson, a 44 year old Swedish passionate fly fisher and fly tyer. These have been my major hobbies for the last 30 years. I got into golf for some time, but that sport really didn´t give something that fishing already did. As the years have turned my hair grey, it is the fly tying that gives me relaxation and satisfaction, a lot more hours than I find myself with a rod in my hand anyway. After a long period of Atlantic salmon fishing, I have found myself more and more exploring the kind of fishing that´s not far from home, and not so very crowded. I have the luck to be blessed with nice trout waters a bike ride away, and a wife that is happy to have me home more than a few days a month…

I have also taken up writing again and my first article in about 20 years will be published in Fly & Tie #1 2014. It is a fly tying article with some patterns around the use of moose in fly tying… which features in a lot of trout patterns here in Scandinavia…

I bought by my first bottle of Bug-Bond from Whitewaterflies in New Jersey some years ago; I consider that I have been an ambassador for the product since then. So for me it is about keeping up the job. For me it´s fun to be able to contribute and that puts an extra spark to my own tying... I will shortly have my own blog to share my fly tying with more people”


Welcome Thomas…

No comments: